Delivering Energy around the World
PB Tankers owns and operates a medium range (MR) tanker fleet, built and managed according to the highest standards of quality, reliability and safety.
Specialised in marine transport of Liquified Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas, PB Tankers provides the logistical support and shipping expertise to satisfy our clients’ energy transportation needs.
We know that our success depends on the utmost attention to environmental protection and apply the highest safety and security standards. The special attention we give to customer satisfaction and to environmental issues is confirmed by the certifications ISO 9001 for quality management and ISO 14001 for environmental management.
PB Tankers is also the first Italian shipping company to obtain RINA’s Competency Management System certificate in November 2015.
The name PB Tankers was officially born in 2003, but we share our history with the Barbaro Group which for over 200 years, spanning eight generations, has revolutionized the sector of maritime transport.
In 2003, PB Tankers was born to consolidate the shipowning branch of the Barbaro Group.
- In the same year, the first of 22 medium-range (MR) tanker vessels were ordered to STX Shipbuilding Co. LTD. Three years later, in 2006, PB Tankers acquired the Russian company Best Shipping, alongside two barge-trains and three sea-river vessels.
- In 2007, PB Tankers took delivery of four MR Ice Class 1A tankers.
- In 2011, PB Tankers signed a contract with Edison S.p.A. for the conversion of an Aframax Tanker into an FSO, delivered to the customer under the name of Alba Marina. Since 2012 PB Tankers has maintained the technical and crew management of the unit.
- In 2018, PB Tankers took part in the tender for the construction and management of an SSLNG of Edison S.p.A.
- Since 2020, PB Tankers has been specializing in the LNG sector.
Excellence through experience and compliance.
PB Tankers is an Italian company that, based on strong corporate values, offers a service of excellence that is respectful of the planet and all the people with whom, and for whom, we work. Our values are those of the Barbaro Group: principles that reflect our identity and our compass guiding us in moments of change, which we continuously consider as an opportunity. We strongly believe that our results are a direct consequence of the commitment to protect and respect the environment and people. Our corporate vision lies in these values.
Responsibility and Respect
A great sense of responsibility guides us in carrying out our work: we manage all sea transport activities with respect for the environment.
We require a high level of expertise and team organization for every task, as this ensures quality and safety in transportation, and efficiency and transparency in business relations.
We consider both human beings and personal skills when selecting employees and dealing with contractors. Stressing the importance of responsibility, we make it a priority to work with mutual respect for individual roles.
We strive for and achieve excellence in all areas of transport and logistics.
Our knowledge of the shipping industry, from the design and construction of ships to operations management, is the backbone of our success.
Maintaining our leadership status necessarily depends on our commitment to safety and environmental protection, management and staff work together to achieve targets agreed upon with clients regarding cost and quality.
We openly share knowledge gained in the field, incorporating technological innovations in the transport planning.
This guarantees the steady progress in PB Tankers’ performance as a whole and that of individual teams.